MODULAR BUILDINGS FOR DISASTER RELIEF – TEMPORARY BUILDINGS FOR HURRICANE AND FLOOD RECOVERY
After seeing storms like Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Florence, and their accompanying devastation, Mobile Modular wants you to be prepared for natural disasters. Just as we have in the past, we are committed to impacted communities and helping them rebound in the face of nature's devastation. We stand by those who are affected and will help you recover and rebuild a better future. Mobile Modular can deliver modular space solutions to businesses, government agencies, schools, clinics, retail stores and other commercial spaces that are flooded or have sustained heavy damage in hurricane affected areas.
Don't let natural disasters catch your business operations by surprise. Make a plan to rent modular offices and mobile office trailers, or buy used portable office solutions.
If your school has sustained damage that will take a long time to repair, consider renting modular classrooms for your educational facility so students can continue classes while your school is being renovated.
TO MOBILE MODULAR CUSTOMERS AFFECTED BY HURRICANE FLORENCE
Mobile Modular is ready to assist our customers affected by Hurricane Florence. Your safety is our prime concern. Here are some important guidelines you should follow when leasing a building from Mobile Modular.
Please take some time to be sure that you have checked the following areas of potential concern.
- Your Safety Comes First. Always be careful when entering or inspecting facilities. If there is serious structural damage, do not enter the building. Watch out for debris and downed power lines. Avoid walking through flood waters to inspect damage as they may be fast moving or electrically charged. Use flashlights in the dark.
- Documentation is Helpful. If you have identified any sort of concern, document the damage thoroughly. Inventory damaged property and prepare a list. If you have any form of damage to the leased building, contact your insurance company to begin the claims process.
- Verify Safe Electrical & Gas Connection Verify that the electrical connection is intact and functioning. Inspect for any signs of damage. If the power has not yet been restored to the area, power off the panel box to eliminate risk at the time of power restoration. At any sign of threat, contact 911. If the unit is connected to a gas line, have an electrician check the system before turning power on again.
- Flipped or Tossed? In the unlikely event that the mobile office trailer unit has flipped over or lost its footing, do not attempt to right it. Do not allow anyone to move in or about the unit. If possible, cordon off the area with caution tape or rope with red flags. Contact us immediately.
- On Unsteady Footing? Before entering the modular unit, check to ensure that the support piers and/or blocks for the building appear to remain securely underneath the chassis of the structure. Do not enter the building if there is any appearance of instability. Know that the ground conditions may be affected by water content within the soil and shifting may occur. Assess regularly.
Flood Damaged? Flood damage creates an environment conducive to mold and mildew. Notify us if the building has been flooded for any period of time or has sustained water intrusion due to window or roof damage.
- Turn off main power if wiring is wet or moldy or has been exposed to flooring. Have an electrician check the system before turning power on again.
- Open the building to fresh air when humidity outside is lower than inside.
- Turn on fans and dehumidifiers in the modular building.
- Remove all wet items from the unit (carpet, furniture, etc.). Be sure to wear safety gloves and if mold is evident wear a protective mask.
- Contact our service department to coordinate an inspection.
- Potential of Bio-Contaminants? If the mobile building was connected to any form of the waste water tank or sewer connection verify the condition of these connections to establish if there has been any containment concern. Contact us to coordinate efforts with a local black water or sewage clean up company.
Resource available to mitigate storm damage and flooding:
MOBILE MODULAR IS HERE TO HELP WHEN THE UNEXPECTED OCCURS
Damage caused by natural disasters leaves schools and businesses needing temporary space solutions quickly.
Mobile Modular has the answer. Our range of new and used modular buildings for disaster relief, such as mobile offices, modular classrooms, portable restrooms, and temporary buildings, are available immediately for rent and purchase.
With us you can always expect:
- A 30 day rental for modular buildings, unlike the usual 28 day rental period.
- Professional delivery with our trusted, in-house fleet of trucks and trailers.
Since 1979, Mobile Modular has been providing high quality emergency relief buildings to assist in post-disaster recovery efforts. Our secure portable modular buildings can be used by on-site disaster response teams during emergencies and recovery.
We have a large inventory of temporary and permanent space for immediate use, which includes restroom and shower facilities, classrooms, government buildings, and response team offices.